Group travel bookings
Whether you're organising a sporting trip, school event, or simply a relaxing holiday, NSW TrainLink offers groups of 10 or more people a discounted fare.
To qualify as a group, all the group members must book at the same time and travel together, from the same location to the same destination, in the same class of seat.
Please note there is no discount on child fares and group bookings cannot be made online.
Make a group booking
NSW TrainLink provides school groups with a safe and reliable way to travel. We ask that:
- Organisers contact us on 13 22 32 to make reservations and advise that a group will be travelling.
- Please try to avoid services with Sydney Trains during peak times - 7.00am-9.00am and 4.00am-7.00pm.
- Make sure there is one teacher or carer for every 20 primary or secondary school children. There should be one teacher or carer per five preschool children.
- Tell your local station manager when you will be departing and returning and how many will be travelling.
- Ensure each child is aware of and adheres to luggage restrictions.
- While on board, school children are expected to maintain the same level of safe and courteous behaviour required of adult passengers.