Discovery Pass - Unlimited travel
Great value when you want to cover a lot of country
The NSW TrainLink Regional network connects more than 365 destinations across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory by train and coach. With this flexible travel pass, you can visit as many locations as you like.
- Unlimited travel anywhere on the NSW TrainLink Regional train and coach network
- Choice of passes: 14 days, 1 month, 3 months or 6 months
- Stop where you want, stop over as long as you want
- Purchase up to 6 months before you travel
- Purchase a Premium pass for first class travel on trains. A Premium pass can also be used for economy class travel if no first class seats are available.
|14 days||1 month||3 months||6 months|
- To jump the queue, buy your travel pass online
- Alternatively, call us on 13 22 32 between 6.30am and 10.00pm or
- go to a Station or Sales Agent to purchase
Once you have purchased your Discovery Pass, you will need to book your travel dates and seat on a Regional train or coach service.
- Reservations are essential and must be made before you travel
- Please select "Passenger Type: Travel Pass" instead of Adult and quote your Travel Pass ID number when booking.
Sydney is the biggest, oldest and arguably most cosmopolitan city in Australia, and one of the most vibrant and exciting cities on earth. Its sparkling harbour, dazzling beaches and sunny, Mediterranean climate are matched by an array of splendid museums and galleries, spirited nightlife, relaxed lifestyle and rich architectural heritage.
Country NSW stretches across the sunny western plains from north to south. It is where you will find unmistakably Australian towns founded by gold miners, graziers and farmers. They now attract lovers of both food and history. If your dream is to go further west, then go to the Outback, rich with Aboriginal heritage and the magic of the desert. Its furthest flung outpost in NSW is Broken Hill. Head for the North Coast for a taste of classic Aussie surf culture, or discover the South Coast, with more than 30 national parks, marine parks and reserves.
But you can also use your Discovery Pass to leave the state. NSW TrainLink services can take you as far north as Brisbane and Queensland’s Gold Coast, as far south as Melbourne, and to the nation's capital, Canberra.
- Discovery Passes are available for purchase by overseas visitors to Australia and Australian residents.
- Pass not transferable. It entitles the holder to only one booking on any service.
- Available for unlimited breaks in travel in any direction between locations endorsed on ticket.
- If train services are replaced by road coaches for any reason, no refund will be applicable.
- Travel on NSW TrainLink Intercity or Sydney Train services is only permitted when travelling in conjunction with a connecting NSW TrainLink regional service.
- Use of pass must begin within six months of date of issue and be completed within the validity dates. Travel is permitted into the day after the final validity date if it involves an overnight journey.
- Travel must be completed within the length of time from the date of pass validation at the first departure point: 14 days, one month, three months or six months.
- Economy pass holders may upgrade to travel in a First Class seat or overnight sleeper on payment of applicable upgrade amount.
- Premium pass holders may upgrade to travel in an overnight sleeper on payment of applicable upgrade amount.
- Premium pass holders are not entitled to a refund of the fare between the first and economy class fares if there are no first class seats available.
- The Discovery Pass is a receipt only. It is not a ticket and does not guarantee travel. It is essential to book on all NSW TrainLink Regional services. Pass holders must book each individual sector of travel and have a valid travel ticket.
- The Child Discovery Pass is available to children between 4 years and 15 years of age (inclusive) and anyone in possession of New South Wales School Pupil Identification Card i.e. Senior Secondary Student NSW Transport Concession Card (202) with current foil.
- No other concessions or discounts are allowed in conjunction with the pass.
- No refund is payable after pass is validated. There are no refunds on lost, stolen, invalidated or expired passes. To request a refund on a pass not yet validated, submit an application to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issue. Normal cancellation fees will apply.
- Not available for travel on Great Southern Railway, Queensland Travel Train or Melbourne Met services.
- For full Conditions of Carriage and important travel tips, see NSW TrainLink - terms and conditions of travel.