Reserved seating is now available for commuters on selected Regional trains.
Hassle-free commuting for customers on Regional trains
Book your seat in advance on Regional trains and forget about having to search for an available seat. Simply relax and enjoy the ride in comfort. Stretch out, unwind and arrive refreshed. Available on Regional trains to selected locations.
On a NSW TrainLink Regional train you'll travel in comfort with extra leg room, overhead storage and tray tables for a laptop. Grab a bite to eat or a coffee from our on-board cafe. Or just enjoy reading the paper in our reclining seats.
Commuter fares for customers on Regional trains
As you will be travelling on a Regional train you will need to book your seat in advance on one of the services listed below.
Going to work
Casino to Sydney
|Board at Maitland (04:10) or Broadmeadow (04:33) and alight at Hornsby, Strathfield or Central||No more than $15|
Sydney to Canberra
|Board at Central (18:12) or Campbelltown (18:58) and alight at Mittagong or Bowral||No more than $13|
Sydney to Canberra
|Board at Central (18:12) or Campbelltown (18:58) and alight at Moss Vale, Bundanoon or Goulburn||No more than $15|
Sydney to Brisbane
|Board at Central (14:41), Strathfield (14:53) or Hornsby (15:40) and alight at Broadmeadow or Maitland||No more than $15|
Booking online tip
When booking online please select 'Commuter' passenger type and then the appropriate ticket type from the drop down options.
- Normal booking restrictions apply.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with 'Kids for $1.00' fare.
- These fares are available to adult fare passengers only and cannot be used with any concessions.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with 'Family Fare' or 'Infant policy'
- Reservations made on day of travel must be paid for and ticketed at time of booking.
- Changes to the journey after ticketing are permitted. No rebooking fee will apply when ticket is exchanged.
- Tickets are refundable. The applicable refund/cancellation fee applies.
- Paying on board is not available.