3. Upon submitting all necessary particulars to NSW Trains website for the setting up of their accounts; Users are authorised to access the full extent of NSW Trains general content and all NSW Trains online services across the NSW Trains network, including the electronic transaction and ticket purchase facility.
Disclaimer of liability
7. The information contained on this website has been provided for your information and use. NSW Trains does not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, completeness, or integrity of the information provided on this website. NSW Trains reserves the right to change, add, delete, modify, amend, and/or make appropriate corrections to the information on this website at any time without giving any prior notice.
8. Users acknowledge that customers to NSW Trains access this service via differing connections across an Open Network, and as such, NSW Trains does not and cannot guarantee that customers will always receive the highest levels of service integrity, speed or quality. You may experience errors or service interruptions when surfing the internet, accessing links and/or using this website. In addition, NSW Trains does not guarantee that this website will be available for use at all times. This website is subject to necessary maintenance periods and may be out of service at any time as required by NSW Trains. NSW Trains reserves the right to shut down this website at any time for scheduled or unplanned maintenance activities, or for any other purpose.
9. To the fullest extent permitted by law, NSW Trains (including any of its employees, contractors, associates or business partners) will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to procure access to, the content on the website or the NSW Trains network; whether based in contract, tort, negligence, statute or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage. NSW Trains will only accept liability where such liability is prescribed by an Act or Legislation. In all other respects, NSW Trains excludes all conditions, warranties of any kind whether implied by custom, common law or statute.
10. To the fullest extent permitted by law, NSW Trains’ aggregate liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded, is limited at the option of NSW Trains in the case of services supplied by NSW Trains to the following: (a) the supply of services again, or (b) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Procuring products and services using this website
14. Where passwords, payment details and receipt information, ticketing advice or other sensitive information and documentation (whether in electronic or other format) are issued by NSW Trains to the recipient, then that person (and/or the Customer of the NSW Trains rail services) undertakes to take all necessary measures to protect such information on behalf of NSW Trains and to use such information only for their intended purpose.
Links to other websites
17. The NSW Trains website has provided some links to other websites for your convenience. NSW Trains does not have any control over other websites, and NSW Trains does not endorse, and is not responsible, for their quality or content. NSW Trains does not endorse the products or services provided by other websites, and recommends that you check the Terms and Conditions prior to disclosing information or performing transactions on other websites.
18. NSW Trains (including any of its employees, associates or business partners) does not accept liability for loss or damage arising out of your use other websites that are linked to this website. This clause extends to claims made by you or any other party, and applies regardless of the mechanism under which the claim is made.
19. If you wish to link another website to this website, you may only do so with the express written permission of NSW Trains. For further details, please use our feedback form.
20. The names, logos and other registered or unregistered trademarks of NSW Trains and Transport for New South Wales, as well as those trademarks of other associated companies and business partners, are protected by law, and may not be used for any purpose without the express written permission of that company.
21. The names, logos, trademarks, content, graphics, design, text, processes, information, data, source code, underlying software and any other item that is displayed, used or performed on this website are protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws. By using this website, you agree to ensure that no portion of this website is used for any purpose other than for your personal information needs, personal interaction, and personal transactions with NSW Trains. Personal use includes the use of this website to meet business travel requirements. Under no circumstances may the items, content or information on this website be copied or used for malicious or competitive purposes.
22. Your use of this website must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any organisation or person. You must not copy, publish, broadcast, add, delete, modify, download, distribute, sell or transfer any of the above-mentioned names, logos, trademarks, content, graphics, design, text, information, data, source code, underlying software or any other item found on this website without the express written permission of NSW Trains.
For further details, please use our feedback form.
23. NSW Trains systems are architected to be secure and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. In addition, NSW Trains systems undergo regular security checks and audits to ensure the security and integrity of those systems.
24. NSW Trains uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your personal, financial and credit card information and other transactional information from unauthorised access, misuse and malicious damage. The SSL encryption applies when you book travel with NSW Trains, or create a personal account with NSW Trains.
25. NSW Trains endeavours at all times to keep this technology up to date, and to keep your information free from unauthorised access, misuse and malicious damage. However, NSW Trains makes no warranty for the effectiveness or strength of the SSL encryption technology and cannot guarantee complete security in this regard. NSW Trains does not accept liability for loss or damage arising out of your use of this website.
26. NSW Trains advises that you should ensure that your computer systems are updated with virus scanning technology. Although NSW Trains regularly updates its own virus scanning technology, it does not accept liability for the potential transmission of viruses to your computer through your use of this website.
Transactions and record keeping
28. All bookings, purchases and transactions completed through the use of this website are considered to be binding agreements between you and NSW Trains.
29. All enquiries and correspondence made between you and NSW Trains through the use of this website are stored in secure systems. Correspondence pertaining to enquiries, bookings, purchases and transactions can, at your request, be reproduced during the period in which the correspondence material is retained.
30. All formal records of bookings, purchases and transactions by you through the use of this website are stored by NSW Trains in accordance with current regulatory and bank validation requirements.
31. For all bookings and transactions where you make an online payment, a Tax Invoice and itinerary will be produced and sent in electronic form to the email address you have specified. NSW Trains bears no responsibility for financial records that are sent to an email address that is incorrectly specified by you.
32. At your request, a Tax Invoice and itinerary can be reproduced and sent to an alternative email address, but only after you are able to correctly identify and validate your identity and your right to possess the travel information including any related personal information that may be required concerning the validation of any submitted banking and payment details.
33. All formal records of bookings, purchases and transactions may be reproduced or discovered for the purposes of internal audit by NSW Trains its business partners; or for external legal, financial or government audit.
34. All formal records of enquiries, correspondence, bookings, purchases and transactions may be reproduced for the purposes of dispute resolution and handling between NSW Trains and a customer, or between NSW Trains and its business partners.
35. All formal records of bookings, purchases and transactions made between you and NSW Trains contain a signature that is verified through the secure use of a personalised customer account, login and password. A formal transaction record is only deemed to be valid if the password has been used to correctly authenticate and verify you as the customer.
NSW Trains' business partners
36. NSW Trains undertakes not to disclose personal information to commercial third partners without your consent. However, NSW Trains may share personal information to other organisations within the NSW Trains organisation and the business partners of NSW Trains include the following:
- Sydney Trains
- Queensland Rail
- Victorian Railways
- Great Southern Railways
- Transport for New South Wales
This Agreement is governed by the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales, Australia. If any part of this Agreement is considered to be invalid then this Agreement is to be read down to the extent that the remaining clauses continue to be enforceable and of full effect.
References to other sites are provided as an information service only and should not necessarily be construed as an endorsement. Conversely, omissions should not be construed as non-endorsement.
Although every care is taken to provide links to suitable material from this website, the nature of the internet prevents us from guaranteeing the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to. Consequently, NSW Trains can accept no responsibility for unsuitable or inaccurate material that may be encountered.
Also, NSW Trains is not responsible for the accuracy or legitimacy of information found elsewhere on the internet and there is no guarantee that any of the websites listed will be available at any particular time. We do not guarantee any services which might be announced.
All of the material published electronically on this website is for informational purposes only. NSW Trains does not guarantee that the information is complete or correct. Unless otherwise stated the authorised version of all reports, guides and other information, should be sourced from official printed versions or the agency directly.